Skip to main content

Sheila on 7 - Lapang Dada

Kau Harus Bisa Berlapang Dada


Sheila on 7 is one of top group band in Indonesia. Last year, on December 2014, they released their final album titled “Musim yang Baik” under Sony Music Entertainment Indonesia, before decide to be an independent group. In my opinion, Sheila on 7 which now is formed by Duta, Erros, Adam and Brian, always succeed in making hit songs in every album they released. The first single on “Musim yang Baik” called “Lapang Dada” gain a lot of attention from audiences, especially from loyal fans, and its official music video has been watch by hundred thousand netizen already. After sixteen years being on this industry Sheila on 7 always has their own charisma, whether it’s about their songs or their nice performances.

I instantly fell in love at the first time I heard this song through deezer.com. This song has nice and easy listening music and also has deep meaning lyrics that directly touch my heart. The message is simple but strong. Honestly, I also really like that Erros cut his hair and it makes him look more mature and more handsome than ever! Hehe.

-Lapang Dada-

Apa yang salah dengan lagu ini
What is wrong with this song

Kenapa kembali ku mengingatmu
I'm remembering you again

Seperti aku bisa merasakan getaran jantung dan langkah kakimu
It as if I can feel your heartbeat and your footsteps

Kemana ini akan membawaku
Where will it take me

Kau harus bisa berlapang dada
You have to relieve and have a big heart

Kau harus bisa ambil hikmahnya
There is a blessing in disguise, if you know

Karena semua tak lagi sama
Because everything has changed

Walau kau tahu dia pun merasakannya
Even you know that she felt the same too

....

“Lapang Dada” is written by Erros who inspired by his late father. After he had a child, Erros just realized that his communication with his father was not really good. Erros think that his father maybe had such a trouble to communicate his inner feelings toward Erros. Through this “Lapang Dada” Erros try to spread the message that we have to relieve everything that had happened, we cannot change the past, just make it as a lesson and move on with our present life. Its music video itself, however, tells about someone who is attending his ex-girlfriend’s wedding ceremony. He still has the same feeling toward his ex, and he knew that his ex also felt the same too. Although it’s hard for that guy to accept the reality that he’s not the one who make a vow with the girl he loved, he still remain calm and try to be as brave as he can.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrsYWnoamGc
Actually I feel that it’s risky for me to write this article because lately after I started to hear this song, I experienced the similar pain like that guy on music video. My ex-boyfriend is getting married. I felt down, I’ve been in pain and I also feel guilty because actually I’m not that happy when heard this kind of news. It’s not that I hate him or I don’t want to see him happy and getting married. I do want to see him happy and getting married. I realized that what makes me feel sad is because I feel pity for my-still-single-self who struggle from some life troubles. And when I realize that I would never ever could contact him anymore, it makes me felt more horrible. My close friend said to me that only time could heal this kind of feeling. I literally agree with him. For anyone who struggle with this matter, just remember you’re not alone. It’s okay to feel not okay (sometimes). Find the right person (friend or family) to discuss it and support us. Everything happens for a reason. God knows the best for us and God knows we are that strong to bare this pain. There is a day when you can tell about what happened today and laugh. So, just Lapang Dada guys. Be strong! ^^d





Thanks to Sheila on 7 for always making good songs. Bravo Sheila on 7! Bravo musik Indonesia!







P.S. I am still learning English, so pardon me if there is a mistake in this article. 

This article is dedicated to everyone who has been there supporting me. 
Especially to my lovely niece, Sherly, for not only hear my so-called stories but also give me courage, advices and always accepting and supporting me the way I am. Thanks to my friend Ryan who is really an open minded person, someone whom I enjoy talking to. Thanks to Puteri, my gogumas friend, my partner in crime, whom I share a lot of fun together. You guys always bring positivity and joy to me♥

Comments

  1. kak translatean lagunya dilanjutin dung nanggung sekali huhu

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

opini : lagu Opo Aku Iki - Soimah

Miko Fajar Bramantyo

Lirik Lagu Merapi lan Merbabu - Anik Sunyahni